Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > Odd Balls , Puffers, Sharks and Predators

Odd Balls , Puffers, Sharks and Predators Questions and comments about odd balls, puffers, sharks and predators.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 PM

Default Re: More Fishy Pictures!

He eats without extra encouragement, now...or I'm assuming he's eating. He moves along the substrate at feeding time, but I never see his mouth actually open.... He spends most of his time swimming among the other fish, and hardly ever hides, now.

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories

Last edited by Sharon : 08-15-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 PM

There is a Chinese resturant near by that has a very large tank near the back of the room with an 18 inch or so Clown Knife. You would love this guy. In the entrance way they have a two foot Silver Arrowanna and 10 inch or better Oscar in a 150 bow front aquarium. Every time I go in there the water is crystal clear and the white gravel is spotless. How they manage this with such big fish is amazing.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:28 AM

oooooo I thought you were out in the middle of nowhere because your only LFS is walmart! (er, at least I thought you said thats what it was! I can't remember atm!)

(well, and the polar bear photo had something to do with that impression as well )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
Newfoundland is often thought of as being "out in the middle of nowhere", but it's actually a misconception........
10 gallon assort guppies & platy
3 - 3 gallons 1 betta each
1 - 75 gallon - 2 raphael catfish, 1 melanistus cory, 5 trilineatus, 3 kuhlis, 10 diamond tetras, 5 albino danios, 7 panda cory
Old 08-15-2008, 10:59 AM

We actually did have several Pet Stores selling fish, but they didn't do well, and closed. WalMart is all we have now, unless I open an LFS...What fun that would be!!! I can see why the polar bear pic would leave that impression! We are an island, so I suppose that leads to the idea as well. During 9-11, a lot of the rerouted planes landed at Gander International Airport(10 minutes from where I live)...passengers were off loaded and stayed for a few days....

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories