Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > Odd Balls , Puffers, Sharks and Predators

Odd Balls , Puffers, Sharks and Predators Questions and comments about odd balls, puffers, sharks and predators.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:54 AM

Default temptation

you know when you go into your lfs and there is always that one fish starring at you begging to be bought. ... well for me i have a rtc thats sweet on me, ... thats next to a lung fish that im told only comes out of his cage on my weekly wensday visit. ( they get all there new stock tuesday so i go wensdays to see whats new and to get food and treats for my current fish)
and im wondering if i shouldnt jsut get a huge 200 gallon tank and get them both ... thought i should get my fugu into marine first. these fish have been there for months and i dobut there going anywhere, but would they live togather and could i say fit a clown knife into the same tank? ( had one once but had to give it up because it out grew me faster then i could afford tanks but have always loved them )
Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 AM

Default Re: temptation

wow 200 gallons would be quite the undertaking but well worth it!

Check out the weight of a filled 200 gallon tank - I think its close to 2500 pounds with water only- not including substrate.

If your floor can handle that kind of load, I'd go for the 200 gallon

Also, I would suggest a review of your home insurance policy to be certain it covers aquariums
10 gallon assort guppies & platy
3 - 3 gallons 1 betta each
1 - 75 gallon - 2 raphael catfish, 1 melanistus cory, 5 trilineatus, 3 kuhlis, 10 diamond tetras, 5 albino danios, 7 panda cory
Old 08-25-2008, 10:33 AM

Sounds like a good plan!

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories
Old 08-25-2008, 06:38 PM

lol well yes my insurance will cover it and i live in a fist floor appartment so im sure the concrete will hold the tank now i jsut need like 5 grand for the tank substrate hood lights and decore let alone the inhabitents but it will be worth it i have always wanted these 3 fish