Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > General Aquarium Care > Stocking Tank Tips

Stocking Tank Tips Information for stocking your tank.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 PM

Default panaking, think Im over stocked

just been reading about overstocking and Im realy worried, I have been contemplating quietly regarding my blood parrots, of which Ihad to re sell 3 to make more room .but first tell you what Ihouse in my 50g tank,3clown loaches,3 diddy albino 1inch cat fish,3 silver 2 inch barbs, 2 bala sharks small and 3 5inch blood parrots,Iwould hate to think my clowns are being stressed, do you think by mooving my parrots into a 20g hex tank would be big enough and leave the quiet one in.or put my clowns in the hex tank...help help.im realy getting worried now.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 PM

Default Re: panaking, think Im over stocked

Google each one of the fish types you have to see how big they get and what their needs are.....Make sure that the water quality is excellent and the filters are working properly...Make sure you use a good water conditioner with your regular water change schedule.....

If the Clowns have good hiding places and are not being harassed, they should be ok.....You have to watch your fish to see if they are stressed by anything and that they are allowed to eat well.

Check and see if the "Spell Check" button works.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:45 AM

Default Re: panaking, think Im over stocked

thank you for that, and yes my clowns have got good hiding places thankyou for mentioning that. , water quality excerlent, filteration excerlent,research shows bala sharks grow very large, so I may have to re home them and the barbs due to thier darting around,I think Iwill keep the parrots and clowns only,that leaves adaquate room for all to be happy, but I am keeping an eye on the bully parrot, especially when its trying to breed,thankyou for the quick responce dan.