Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > General Aquarium Care > Breeding

Breeding Questions and comments about breeding tropical fish

Old 05-02-2009, 04:38 PM

Default More Angel Babys

Hi all would you believe it my angel had some more eggs & she laid them on one of the leaves this time so i broke the leaf off & put it in my baby net with i think about 30 or more babys.So lets see what happens this time now none of the fish can eat them maybe i will have some baby angels in a few weeks, i'll let you know.Don't know how to look after baby angels only had baby mollies before.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:19 PM

Default Re: More Angel Babys

Have you thought about what you are going to feed the fry?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 PM

Hi dano thanks for replying i hadn't thought of feeding but i have just found a thread from [:Aquaman: November 2007] all about breeding angels it says i have to get baby brine shrimp hope i can get it easy in my area i have to feed it to them for about 6 weeks, by the way did i tell you all i have only about 8-10 babys but they are all growing already [looking at them through a magnifying glass] of course. I'll see how things go in the next few weeks.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:29 PM

Try crushing up some flake food real fine....Frozen baby brine shrimp should not be too hard to find........
Old 05-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Hi all sorry to tell you all my angels are have been eaten even though i put my baby fish net in with the leaf & all eggs [about30-40]they just kept dissapearing there was less each day i looked & then i found out why the parents were sucking them through the net even though it is very small mesh. I don't know what to do if i get any more soon because of them being so small,anybody any sugestions.?
Old 05-08-2009, 04:34 PM

Set up another small aquarium just for hatching the eggs and raising the fry......Research on breeding Angel Fish for extra info.

Last edited by Dano : 05-09-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:37 PM

Put the babies in a small (one gallon jar) and put the jar in the tank with a lid on it. Cut a hole in the lid for an air stone and put some smaller holes in the lid for water transfer (you want the lid of the jar to be an inch under the water level of the tank.

You could also set up a small tank and fill it 95% full of tank water from your angel tank and then the rest of the way with treated or filtered water (to get rid of the chlorine or chloramines). Then when the babies are too big to be eaten you can put them into the main tank or wait until they are a little bigger and sell them to your local fish store.

Doctor Foster's and Smith pet supplies sell an in tank refugium:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...21&pcatid=3621

you could build your own or use the glass jar idea to make a less expensive one.

The reason for putting the jar in the tank is to keep your tempuratures constant.

Hope this helps,
Dave