Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > Bettas

Bettas Questions and comments about bettas

Old 06-04-2008, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Misconceptions/myths of the Betta!!

That's pretty bad...but not as bad as the "Betta in an ipod", that I saw on line the other day....

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories
Old 06-04-2008, 07:37 PM

I just googled bettas in an ipod, and it looks just as bad as the OH BETTA.

Who comes up with this stuff.
10 gallon: Krib fry!!!
8 gallon: 1 Male betta
Neoblaze (Aka Cole )
Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 PM

People who want to make a profit at any cost...... ...and the sad part is that if they make a profit, it means people actually buy this stuff!!!

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories
Old 06-04-2008, 08:17 PM

OMG! That is terrible! What kind of pervert thinks of crap like that???

What in the heck is that video on YouTube about smoking a bong with a Betta inside??? I never heard of a "bong." (Call me naive). It looks like some kind of drug smoking thing?

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
Old 06-04-2008, 08:56 PM

The thing is for the cups. What do expect the LFS to do? Put them all in one tank and let them eat each other up?

I know that you guys are upset and that you can talk all about it but you also have to think about what you are saying and what can be done for these fish. Writing letters and showing corparate companies their own idea will not help (they will probably laugh at you) but you gotta keep moving. What will help is what people have done in our history and is being less done today and that is Action. That is the only thing that can get you through.

Being mad at how you visually see something will not help those fish. And more than speaking to those people that work at the LFS. Just don't be mad. The LFS are not artists and they probably do not have the most creativity, they are there to sell people those fish. Perhaps you could talk to the manager and tell them that keeping those fish and cups and then the employers telling consumers that it's okay if they are in a cup is wrong they can do something, but employers are there to work and get their salary.

My 2 cents.
"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."
-Maggie Kuhn
Old 06-05-2008, 12:59 AM

I am sorry if you misunderstood my 13 year old mind, but i was trying to get people to see perspective, to see the situation differently. I wasnt supporting anyone and i know how you feel about the betta being in the OH Betta "bowl". I am an animal lover like all of you and believe it or not i want to work with animals when i grow up.

I also don't understand why you are mad at me? And why you are mad? Yes the betta's are being treated unfairly and some people don't even know how to take care of fish. When i watch Animal Precint on Animal Planet i'm not smiling about how skinny those dogs or cats are or how the rooster fights get caught and how animals die. I am an animal and fish love like all of you.

Also talking online and even arguing online is the stupidest thing ever! You don't know me personally therefore you cannot judge me. You don't know how i feel on the topic and you didn't see me bite my lip when i saw that O "bowl".

The reason of this post from Bernie was to understand, once again, the mistreatment of fish, especially betta saimese fighting fish. It was never for cuss words to be thrown, anger to be brought upon one another, and especially staying off topic.

Sorry for the "not" support. I guess i have sucky sportsmanship (I am actually a wonderful team player, just BTW). Lighten up Cher and everyone else.
-Maggie Kuhn
Old 06-05-2008, 01:28 AM

Actually, Pwat, I am quite impressed with your 13 year old mind ....and I don't impress easily. I admire your confidence in expressing your ideas, which in this case, make a lot of sense. I, for one, am certainly not angry with you. I merely made a comment about Betta ipods, and am certainly in no position to try and fix the problems with Bettas. I can be happy with providing a good home for my fish, and that's about it. BTW, I agree completely with you...there is certainly no need to use offensive language! Out of the mouths of babes, guys...maybe a lesson to be learned.

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
Old 06-05-2008, 02:00 AM

I agree with both. of you I think people should start thinking more about the animals needs instead of a way to make a quick buck.

I hate to see bettas dying in a little cup but I understand that due to the bettas territorial personality that limits there options.

Once I email this guy telling him how cruel his OH BETTA is I'll post what he writes back (if he does ) wish me luck.
Neoblaze (Aka Cole )
Old 06-05-2008, 02:26 AM

Good luck Neoblaze and thank you for the support Sharon and Neo. The betta i am going to buy next time in my LFS will be treated like a royal betta . I'm suprised of how out of hand this topic got. I hope we all learned our own lessons. Now "get on with it!" (Monty Python) have a good night, monring, evening everyone!
-Maggie Kuhn
Old 06-05-2008, 02:39 AM

Awww.

Apparently you have to be registered on ebay to message a member.

This guy is very populer since he sells rare species of crayfish. Maybe he should stick to crayfish and leave bettas alone.
Neoblaze (Aka Cole )