Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > General Aquarium Care > Gravel and Decorations

Gravel and Decorations Questions and comments about gravel and decorations

Old ,

Default decorations

i was thinkig abotu getting some ornaments for my tank now that i think i have cleared up my alfea bloom and was wondering if any body had any ideas. my dad work on an oil rig or drilling platform and i have been looking round to see if i could maybe find d diecast model of a rig which i think would look good so if any body knows were i could get one please let me know.

other than this i really have no idea wat to do in the tank id like to have something eye catching a cool looking but the only thing they sell in my LFS is (for want of a better word) cheap tatt which looks a bit tacky and plastic.

any ideas would be great.

thanx eddie
Old ,

Default Re: decorations

You may be able to "pick up" rocks, and driftwood around your area and go for a natural look. Natural, beautiful, and cheap....

5 gal... Robin, (Betta)
5 gal...Pete, (Betta)
5 gal...Scotty(Betta)
10 gal...Female Betta Sororiety
10 gal... Neons, Glolights and Cardinals, 1 Oto
10 gal... Ram Pair
29 gal... Mbuna Tank
29 gal... Krib Pair, Tiger Barbs, Tetras, 2 Otos
55 gal...5 Australian Rainbows, 1 Angel Fish, 1 Blue Gourami, 6 Congo Tetras, 1 Leopard Ctenopoma, 1 Clown Pleco, 1 UpsideDown Catfish,5 Otos, 1 Bronze Cory, 2 Peppered Cories,2 Panda Cories
Old ,

I havent seen any oil rig ornaments... you could do a keyword search on google shopping if you would really like to try to find one.

I would also suggest browsing through the phot galleries here... you can get a lot of ideas. I believe it was Pwat who used Legos to create some unique & cute decorations for her tank...
10 gallon assort guppies & platy
3 - 3 gallons 1 betta each
1 - 75 gallon - 2 raphael catfish, 1 melanistus cory, 5 trilineatus, 3 kuhlis, 10 diamond tetras, 5 albino danios, 7 panda cory
Old ,

ive tried looking on ebay and a few sites online but with no success so ile give google shopping a try.

as for finding stuff around my local area im from liverpool in the uk so i dont really get an cool looking drift wood or rocks washing up on the beach, i have however been thinking about terracotta plant pots for some hiding places and thought this would look cool.