Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > Articles

Articles Write an article on a tropical fish species or aquarium care and share it with members here or simply write a note asking for something you've read elsewhere on the forum to be copied to this section.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:32 AM

Default indian almond leaves

Hi All,

If anyone is interested, I have a good source in Thailand, is prices are very very reasonable, and he pays the postage via airmail from Thailand. The leaves are all grade A.

If interested PM me.

Regards
Block
Old 09-22-2008, 02:20 PM

Default Re: indian almond leaves

I have moved your thread to General Freshwater Chat because there is no sub forum for sales. If you could explain what Indian Almond Leaves are for and what benefit our members could expect from their use I'm sure that those interested could contact you thru personal messaging for further details.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Hi All...Just a bit of info regarding the leaves.

I was introduced to leaves by a couple of Thai Betta breeders. When the Indian Almond dried leaves are placed into the water, a strong brown dye is given off. The dye contains organic acids humic and tannins. The water darkens to a yellowish brown (tea-like color) after a few days, which is exactly the same as the Betta fishes' natural habitat. The changed water seems to harden their scales. It helps them heal wounds and ward off illnesses.

The humic and tannins from the Indian almond leaves also lowers the pH of the water, absorbs harmful chemicals and helps create a soothing and calm environment for the fish. The leaves can also be used to treat bacteria infection and help the Bettas recover from injuries. Some people also use them to increase breeding frequency. But be careful, because it also makes the male more aggressive at breeding time. On the other hand, it also helps the female recover from any wounds she receives during the breeding process.

I use one square-inch of leaf per half-gallon of water for individual fish. One leaf per 10-gallon rearing tank for the fry. One-leaf per half-filled 10-gallon breeding tank.

Regards
Block

Last edited by block2 : 11-18-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Added picture of Dryed Indian Almond Leaves
Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM

im interested in your leaves
do you have any prices in mind
Old 11-18-2008, 09:43 AM

Hi Alan,

I have PM'd you with prices.

Regards
Jeff
Old 11-18-2008, 05:32 PM

Hi All,

I have also looked into the idea of the leaves and can vouch for the good that they do to the tank (only through reading and not my personal experience). The leaves shown in the picture all look very good grade and look as though they have been packed well.

I looked at these leaves on ebay -all sorts of prices and grades. All sorts of sellers. So if block says he has got a good price, and you want to keep fish in soft water, it might be worth investigating.

jellygirl
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan j t View Post
im interested in your leaves
do you have any prices in mind

Our prices are as follows in US $ :

30 Leaves : $7.50
50 Leaves : $10.50
100 Leaves : $20.50
200 Leaves : $35.00
300 Leaves : $50.00
400 Leaves : $65.00
500 Leaves : $80.00

All prices include postage and packing via airmail from Thailand 10 - 14 working days.

These leaves are also ideal for gouramis, tetras, arrowana’s, discus, South American dwarf cichlids, corys, plecos, some rasboras and some cat-fishes as well as Bettas.

Regards
Jeff