Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > Freshwater Tropical Fish Discussion > Catfish, Plecos and Loaches

Catfish, Plecos and Loaches Questions and comments about catfish, plecos and loaches.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:22 PM

Default odd behaviour from my bristle nose

I had my bristle nose for over a year now and just recently he likes to bury him self in the gravel... about the same time i introduced my blue gourmi. Theres lots of shelter for him considering i have 3 pieces of bog wood. And i have not seen the gourmi go after anything yet.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: odd behaviour from my bristle nose

You probably know more about them than I do tetra (jason) but I have read that the males will often dig and tunnel through gravel, particularly when they mature and get to breeding age..they build a tunnel near a cave or rock etc.

He may also feel a bit threatened at the moment due the new gouramis presence, plus if his usual dark hiding spot during the day has been recently disturbed by another fish, he may just have choosen to hide in the gravel.

I wouldn't be concerned!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:00 PM

Thanks Bernie... I doubt i know more then you im still young and a rookie, plus i am still learning. I have a cave made for him out of bog wood, that he stays in until the lights out.

I think you are right about the gourmi's pressence... Im sure he will be fine.

Thanks Jason
Old 12-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetra View Post
Thanks Bernie... I doubt i know more then you im still young and a rookie, plus i am still learning.
Thanks Jason

LOL..very nice of you to say Jason I may not be young anymore or a rookie, but I am still learning new things every day...I don't think you ever stop learning in this hobby!

I have never kept any pleco....so you have one up on me right there and have the personal experience. Never underestimate the knowledge you do have.