Forums  
  Discussion  
    Tim's Web Quiz  
    Tim's Web Puzzles  
  Polls - Freshwater  
  Polls - Saltwater  

Go Back   Tropical Fish Forum . Net > General Aquarium Care > Stocking Tank Tips

Stocking Tank Tips Information for stocking your tank.

Old ,

Smile What in my 150lt Tank?

I have just bourght a 150lt rectangular tank and was wondering what fish I can keep and how many of them I can keep.

[200 Gallon tank
-25 Neon tetras
-25 Glowlight tetras
-15 Red Phantom tetras
-10 Emperor tetras
-5 Panda Corys
-7 Red eye tetras
-15 Head & Light tetras]

[150 Gallon tank
-2 Discus
-4 Angel fish
-2 Pearl Gorumi
-2 lace gorumi]

[29 Gallon tank
-8 Tiger Barbs
-8 Tinfoil Barbs
-2 Britle Nose Catfish]

[100 Gallon tank
-4 Purple Cichlid
-8 Convict Cichlids]

[40 Gallon
12 Zebra Danio
4 Cory Cats
7 Neon Tetras]
Old ,

Default Re: What in my 150lt Tank?

Read Bernie's sticky and some of the other posts in this sub forum and you may get some ideas. http://www.tropicalfishforum.net/showthread.php?t=528
Old ,

how many gallons is that
sorry
Old ,

39.6 gallons
Old ,
Super Moderator

Congrats. on the tank Puggy Since you originally put this thread in the tetra forum, is that the type of fish you are wanting...tetras?

I'm a bit biased and not a big fan of mix and matching species, I prefer a species specific tank. Maybe I'm just lazy..at least then you don't have to worry about compatibility issues etc. and can concentrate on that species specific needs. I think a large shoal of one or maybe two types would be very nice and that way you will see and allows them to show their true nature and shoaling behaviour which we often don't see when they are kept in much smaller groups.

Propably easier if you say what type of fish you were interested in getting and then we can help more. From the look of your discus/anglefish tank )beautiful pic. BTW) it looks like you already have neons and black neon tetras. You have a bit of time to think about what you want, while you are getting the tank up and running.

Just an afterthought....if you think any of your other tanks are overstocked at all, you can move some of those fish into the new tank and then increase their numbers to make a bigger shoal.
Old ,

okay if you want to do live bearers which i highly recomend get 3 female mollies. and 1 male. it doesnt matter what type. then get some java moss. put them in ur tank and wait for the mollies to breed! It should take like 2 weeks
Old ,

Smile Re: What in my 150lt Tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
Congrats. on the tank Puggy Since you originally put this thread in the tetra forum, is that the type of fish you are wanting...tetras?

I'm a bit biased and not a big fan of mix and matching species, I prefer a species specific tank. Maybe I'm just lazy..at least then you don't have to worry about compatibility issues etc. and can concentrate on that species specific needs. I think a large shoal of one or maybe two types would be very nice and that way you will see and allows them to show their true nature and shoaling behaviour which we often don't see when they are kept in much smaller groups.

Propably easier if you say what type of fish you were interested in getting and then we can help more. From the look of your discus/anglefish tank )beautiful pic. BTW) it looks like you already have neons and black neon tetras. You have a bit of time to think about what you want, while you are getting the tank up and running.

Just an afterthought....if you think any of your other tanks are overstocked at all, you can move some of those fish into the new tank and then increase their numbers to make a bigger shoal.
Instead of tetras I think i might get some Goramis

[200 Gallon tank
-25 Neon tetras
-25 Glowlight tetras
-15 Red Phantom tetras
-10 Emperor tetras
-5 Panda Corys
-7 Red eye tetras
-15 Head & Light tetras]

[150 Gallon tank
-2 Discus
-4 Angel fish
-2 Pearl Gorumi
-2 lace gorumi]

[29 Gallon tank
-8 Tiger Barbs
-8 Tinfoil Barbs
-2 Britle Nose Catfish]

[100 Gallon tank
-4 Purple Cichlid
-8 Convict Cichlids]

[40 Gallon
12 Zebra Danio
4 Cory Cats
7 Neon Tetras]
Old ,

Be sure to research the different kinds of Gourami before you buy them.
Old ,

live bearers are cool, but i wouldn't put them in a 40, maybe a 20. although they they might get a bit large, i would say gouramis are pretty cool. they're somewhat aggressive amongst there own species but thats it. and they become really friendly with the person who feeds them. I've put some flakes and while they come to the surface to eat, which you will also be aware because they make a slapping sound while they eat, that is fairly loud, i can put my hand in and pet them. i know its not good for the fish, but i did it once just to see if they would do it and they do. don't worry, i'm not hurting my fish. they're fairly active and mainly stay out where you can see them. and they will sometimes fold, as saltwater fish too. not to the same extent but it still looks more interesting than a fish darting around straight similar to tetras. It's also cool if you get schooling fish like some loaches, tiger barbs, and most tetras. they play amongst eachother and it keeps things lively. Although its recommended you have a peaceful tank. a slightly aggressive tank is sometimes fun. my rainbow shark won't even bother my gold gouramis, but he'll always startle the tetras and blue gouramis. It makes for some fun chase scenes around the tank. A tank with nice decor also helps a lot. they feel more comfortable knowing they have a spot that is safe. I have a tank thats nicely arranged and a tank thats fairly bare. the nice one is much more active, and much more enjoyable to view. i guess thats all my brain can think of right now.... let us know what you do!

30 Gallon
- 1 Epalzeorhynchos Frenatus
- 1 Geophagus Taeniopareius
- 1 Metynnis Hypsauchen
- 2 Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi
- 2 Gold Trichogaster Trichopterus
- 2 Blue Trichogaster Trichopterus
- 3 Hemigrammus Caudovittatus

20 Gallon
- Cleaning

Old ,

Smile Re: What in my 150lt Tank?

Hi Every one thanks for all the great ideas i am going to put 5 Spotted Rainbows,5 McCulloch`s Rainbows,4 Forktailed Rainbows and 5 Celebes Rainbow

(7 Diamond Tertra maybe)

[200 Gallon tank
-25 Neon tetras
-25 Glowlight tetras
-15 Red Phantom tetras
-10 Emperor tetras
-5 Panda Corys
-7 Red eye tetras
-15 Head & Light tetras]

[150 Gallon tank
-2 Discus
-4 Angel fish